Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
It's easy to enter: Follow me on my blog and receive 1 entry
Heart my Etsy shop: and receive 1 entry
Leave a comment: What's your idea of a blissful experience?What kind of lingerie? Any specific body products? Candles? Playful Props?
Let me know what you want for a sexy passionate blissful experience and receive 4 entries
Link my contest on your blog and receive 4 entries
That's a total of 10 chances to win!
Bliss Bag:***Blissfully Yours Black stretch net camgarter with lace up front and matching thigh high fishnet stockings and thong. Your choice of size: S/M or M/L
***Muddy Moose Edible Chocolate Warming Massage Oil
***Muddy Moose Chocolate Truffle Lip Butter
***GlitterSniffer Whipped Soap
***Urban Swank Soy Candle
***Healing House Lover’s Tea – Yin and Yang
***Chocolate satin bag lined with blue satin
WOW! This is a fabulous Bliss Bag!
Enter to win til the end of March
Winner will be announced on April 1st
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thank goodness I don't have them often - I don't think I could handle it!
My daughter is graduating soon and has decided to pursue her Master's Degree in Business.
Sounds great right Well there's this little test you have to take called the GMAT and she is stressing about it - which means I'm stressing about it! If anyone has any advice about the GMAT please comment away! I would love to hear from you.
Spring is in the air and I always think of Lemon Recipes in the Spring.
1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (25 grams) confectioner's (powdered or icing) sugar
1 cup (140 grams) all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup (80 ml) fresh lemon juice (approximately two large lemons)
1 tablespoons (5 grams) grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
2 tablespoons (25 grams) all purpose flour
Confectioner's (powdered or icing) sugar
Lemon Zest - The yellow outer rind of the lemon that contains the fruit's flavor and perfume.
TIP: Always remove the zest first before halving and squeezing the lemon. Use a fine strainer to remove the seeds and pulp from the juice.
FOR CRUST: In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together. Press into the bottom of your greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.
Yield: 16 - 2 inch (5 cm) squares or 32 triangles
Juice of 6 lemons
4 tablespoons sugar
6 fresh mint leaves
4 shots vodka
Ice in shaker
1 sugar-rimmed martini glass
Mix lemon juice, sugar and vodka in a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour into sugar-rimmed martini glass. Garnish with mint.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
The show opened with 2 baby grand piano's rising from the floor and Elton John and Billy Joel played together, taking turns with each other's songs. John is 61 and Joel is 59 and their energy is amazing. Everyone sang along and rocked to the beat to all of their many many hits. Both Elton John and Billy Joel let their fans get close to them, stopping to touch their hands and say a few words to them.
After dueling for a half a dozen or so songs, Joel left the stage and Elton John performed a dozen songs, starting out with Funeral for a Friend - beautiful beautiful song and an amazing rendition of Rocket Man.
Joel came back and played his set - some songs I didn't recognize but most were songs I knew and loved. He played Zanzibar and that was very cool.
They played for 3 hours!!!!!! If you get a chance go see them, you won't regret it.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Miss Martini - she is so cute!
Pink Bubble has a really cute Apple Martini Bracelet
You can't go wrong with a Green Apple Martini Gel Candle by Marbrielle
I love this lime green zebra martini glass and mini shaker handpainted by Delightful Finds
Friday, March 13, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
What kind of lingerie? Any specific body products? Candles? Playful Props?
***Blissfully Yours Black stretch net camgarter with lace up front and matching thigh high fishnet stockings and thong. Your choice of size: S/M or M/L
***GlitterSniffer Whipped Soap
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Enjoy your Sunday,
Friday, March 6, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Thanks Deb at Muddy Moose Boutique, you made my day!
Here are the rules: List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 people...tagging them and letting them know they won! You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sideboard letting the whole wide world know you are KReATIV!
Hmmmmmmm 7 things that I love.... it's hard to narrow it down to 7
1. My wonderful husband! We've been married for over 25 years and I'm still smitten. I love him more each and every day.
2. My kids... my how time flies! Both are in college and it's been so much fun watching them grow into the strong independent adults they are now - and even though they have officially moved out - it seems like at least one is home every weekend and I love it!
3. Can't forget my other kids....Cotton and Nubster my kitties and my dog Piper. My furry companions keep me company in my workroom. I wouldn't know what to do if Cotton wasn't running across my laptop and Nubs wasn't insisting on taking a nap wherever I was working.... on top of my mouse when I'm on the laptop, right under the top of my paper cutter, under my lights when I'm trying to take pics of my products and of course Piper - always right under my feet!
4. Bubble Baths! I love bubble baths! At the end of a long day, running a hot steamy bath, pouring a glass of wine, putting on some tunes.........heaven!
5. The Great Outdoors! I'm a city girl, but I love getting away from the city, doesn't matter where - mountains, lake, ocean, just away from the hustle and bustle. I love to camp, hike and sit on the porch gazing at the stars.
6. Impromptu Gatherings with my wonderful friends. I love having a group of friends come over at the spur of the moment - good food, good drink, and good conversation - a great way to spend an evening.
7. My work....I love creating and look forward to getting down in my workroom. Time flies when I'm working and it's not unusual for me to get caught up in a new project and forget all about dinner. Luckily, I have the best husband in the world, he'll come home and whip up some dinner, knowing I won't be able to resist the lovely smells wafting down towards me!
Now to pass this award to 7 lovely bloggers:
Saturday, February 28, 2009
I've decided to take the plunge into blogging!
I'm devoting this blog to my newest enterprise: Playfully Smitten.
My shop's main feature: Bliss Bags filled with sexy lingerie, sensual handmade body products, playful props, candles.... well everything one might need for a blissful experience!
Playfully Smitten Blog Topics:
Bliss Bag of the Month Contest
I need help naming my Bliss Bags. Every month I will feature a Bliss Bag of the Month.
Names will be accepted from the 1st - 15th of each month. I will narrow down the choices to my top three and post them and you can vote for your top choice until the end of the month.
Person with the most votes wins.
Winner receives... you guessed it a free Bliss Bag!
I'm looking for new ideas for future Bliss Bags, so if you've had a blissful experience lately, please let me know about it. If I create your experience, you can name my bag and....you got it- a free Bliss Bag for you!
Etsy Artist Monthly Spotlight:
Each month I will spotlight one of my favorite Etsy Shops.
Muddy Moose Bath Boutique is my featured artist for March.
Her blog: http://themuddymoose.blogspot.com/
Can't wait to hear from you.